My Books!

Thursday, October 26, 2017

I nearly forgot I had a blog!

It's been so very long since I wrote any kind of blog post! I have been keeping busy and am finally now a full time artist! To keep the money coming in I opened up a paint party business. All my paint parties are travel so I don't have the overhead of studio rent and bills. I have my regular restaurants that I go to one a month to host a paint party. I also have been doing quite a few adult communites and visit their clubhouses seasonally. To fill in the space in between word of mouth has spread and I very often do private parties in peoples homes for adults and children's parties. It's been keeping me quite busy, you have to be your own promoter, marketer, accountant, teacher, customer service representative and I still like to have dinner on the table for my newly married husband! Unfortunately it kept me away from illustrating for a little while, but now I am back and just also completed my third book! This one is a self published book and I hope I will get to see my illustrations bounded with the cover soon! The author plans to pursue publishing companies with it and I am not sure where you will be able to purchase it just yet. I just sent the paintings in to him and when I find out what happens next I will be sure to let everyone know! 



Some additionally exciting news was that I also just finished applying to go back to school. I am seeking my Masters in Fine Art back at my undergraduate school University of Hartford. The program there allows me to mostly work from home and visit for a couple weeks at a time for intensive workshops. If I get in I will also be able to travel to four cities and study workshops under very well known and successful illustrators. I hope I get in so I can master my craft and really become the best artist I can possibly be! With an MFA I will also have the opportunity to teach college level artists. Owning my own paint party business really helped me believe that I can teach people how to become better artists. These parties usually attract individuals who do not believe they have any artist knowledge but after taking my class I help them believe that they do! I walk them through my steps and explain how to take control of your paint brush and show them techniques to making textures and patterns on a simple canvas painting. I would love to take this teaching to the next level and teach people how to become an illustrator. Also a regular income working as an illustrator professor sounds pretty nice! But first I must master my craft by going back to school and get some bigger clients so that I can bring this knowledge to a college classroom. Wish me luck! Not sure when I'll be finding out if I made it in but if I do classes won't start until Summer Term of 2018. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long though because I will have to apply for financial aid and search for any scholarships that I qualify for.
SaveSave

No comments:

News and Updates from Christina Ann Rodriguez